PREPARING FOR SILENCE
Saturday 4th of April 10:00-15:00
Preparing For Silence: Introduction to Meditation and Breathing Techniques for inner calm and vitality.
Join us for a day of health and wellness as we explore three simple but powerful practices of meditation and breathwork.
Five hour workshop to include:
Morning bodywork to help feel grounded and more aligned with ourselves and each other
Gentle stretches to improve posture and flexibility within meditation practice
Discovery and exploration of three, life-essential meditation and breathing techniques
Breakout groups to enable discussion, integration and time to practice what you have learnt
Opportunity to ask questions in a safe and supportive environment
Heart opening connection with like minded people
Techniques to be covered:
1. Anapana: a world renowned, simple and powerful breathing technique that prepares mind and body for deeper awareness and focus
2. The Deep Dive: Breathing technique to enhance biomechanics and body chemistry for improved focus, cardiovascular health and fitness
3. Candle Gazing: a hypnotic and relaxing meditation to instil calm and develop focus whilst igniting an our inner sense of mystery and healing
About the group leaders:
Oliver James is a certified body led psychotherapist, Breathworker and conscious movement instructor. He is known for his playful and inquisitive nature and love for supporting magical interactions of mind, body and spirit.
Sam Heaton-Wright works with the natural world and elements. As a landscape gardener and certified masseur, he brings a wealth of knowledge and practice helping people connect to themselves as well as nature. Sam is a grounding and solid presence helping people feel held and supported within their own journey of self-fulfilment and exploration.
Delicious vegetarian lunch, healthy snacks and refreshments
Take-home leaflets covering all techniques
Firm cushion and blanket to offer yourself comfort during practice.
Pad and pen for taking notes
Experienced meditators and beginners welcome.
Payment plans and scholarships available.
4th April 2020
Spaces limited to 16 people. Contact Sam on 07703621730 to find out more and book your place.
(For the website)
Who is this workshop for:
This workshop is suited for anyone wishing to look after themselves within the fast pace and high pressure of contemporary life. By exploring important principles of meditation and Breathwork, we shall learn to develop our own practice and how best to integrate learnings for use at home and at work. Preparing For Silence offers a safe and friendly space to ask questions and practice the healing arts of meditation and Breathwork.
This workshop will also prove enlightening for anyone who has attended Bournemouth Meditation’s weekly classes. It will help make sense of why certain techniques are engaged during weekly classes and offers a chance to delve deeper into the work.
All participants will leave feeling more rested, recharged and able to practice these empowering techniques in every-day life.
The benefits of the workshop:
- Promote emotional and physical health
- Improve stress resilience and relieve body-held tension
- Develop focus, awareness and compassion for yourself and others
- Connect to our inner joy and sense of peace
- Experience a variety of techniques that you will be able to use in a variety of ways at home or at work.